“At a time when people are yearning for traditions, the home-made, the nostalgic good old days, this book nurtures our bodies and souls.”
LeeAnn Thieman, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Nurse’s Soul
Ingredient authority, Carol Ann Kates, former grocer and deli operator, has collected more than three hundred family-friendly recipes into an award-winning cookbook that shares her life’s work. Secret Recipes from the Corner Market is:
- Stuffed with practical and delicious recipes to give you creative ways to use every-day fare.
- Flavored with old favorites, upscale cuisine, and secret recipes to delight your palate.
- Spiced with entertaining anecdotes to lift your spirits.
- Sprinkled with fascinating tidbits of food history for a trip down memory lane.
- Tossed with Carol Ann’s personal advice about selecting and storing ingredients for savory results.
- Served in the corner market environment to make you feel right at home.
Upcoming Works by Carol Ann Kates:
Busted Not Broken, a memoir
Read an excerpt for this upcoming memoir about family and secrets.
Cooking Seasonally in Colorado
New cookbook based on her experience at farmers’ markets, learning to select the freshest produce, and prepare a delicious meal.
A Proper House
The first in a three-book family saga, begins at the turn of the twentieth century. Read a synopsis.